When dealing with cheap stock video footage, you need to know and understand the licenses that come with them. It will not only help you create an incredible project, but will also save you from potential legal troubles in the future. Read carefully the licensing agreement and other usage stipulations so you will not have to incur additional costs and spend more than your allotted budget. Here are the licenses that usually come with your stock footage.
Since a rights-managed license gives you exclusive rights, you will have an advantage over your competitors. This comes in very handy if you do not want them to use the same cheap stock video footage in their creative projects.
- Editorial-Use Only License. Editorial-use only license limits the use of a cheap stock video footage as part of a new, documentary and other editorial pieces. It usually costs lesser than the royalty-free and rights-managed license with strict restrictions on usage. Limitations are applied to size, placement and duration of use of the stock footage. There may also be some limitations on the amount of modification done to the clip after production.
Getting the right license for your cheap stock video footage is important. If you do not want to face legal charges in the future, make sure that you abide to the guidelines stipulated in the license agreement. Keep in mind that legal suits may deter the true benefits of using stock video footage – to save time and money. Determine the purpose of your video and purchase the right license to avoid legal troubles and ensure the success of your creative project.
There are numerous cheap stock agencies in the Internet. It can be tiring and difficult to scour through every one of them just to find out that they do not match your creative needs and budget. Choosing a stock photo agency takes more than just time. You need to know certain features that will help you find what you are looking for more easily and quickly. Here are some tips to help you choose the right stock agency.
- Search tools. Most cheap stock agencies include one or more search tools to help users, like you, find what they are looking for faster. For instance, most stock sites feature search bars where you can enter keywords that relate to your theme or subject. Others allow you to search by category. When choosing a stock agency, make sure it allows you to search by orientation. This saves you a lot of time from cropping an image shot in the wrong orientation.
- Only a few cheap stock agencies feature lightboxes. iStock and Shutterstock are two of them. When choosing a stock agency, consider the ones that has this awesome feature. A lightbox allows you to save images for fast and easy future access. It also allows you to view other users’ lightboxes to gain insight. Most of all, it allows you to collect all your potential images in one place.
- Try before you buy. The best stock agency does not only allow you to access and download millions of stock images but also allows you to try them before you actually buy them. For instance, Adobe Stock allows you to work with watermarked images before you buy them to find out how it would look. When you decide to purchase the image, you can directly license it in your Adobe application, saving you a lot of time.
- Save comps with numbers. There will always be exceptions to tip #2. Some stock photo agencies do not feature lightboxes but offer a vast collection of images for very, very low prices. When this happens, save your comps with ID numbers. It will help you locate the images you want without repeating your searches.
There are a number of things you need to consider before choosing a cheap stock agency for your creative projects. You need to consider the number of images in the collection, your budget, your creative needs, search tools, and other useful features. It is easier to find what you are looking for when you keep these tips in mind. Not only will you be able to come up with inexpensive stock images, you will also get the right images that suit your theme or subject.
Did you know that Shutterstock the current stats of the website have reached over 62 million images? Over 500,000 images have been added this week, widening your choices for your creative projects. But, is that all that is good with being a member of the stock photo agency? No, it is not. Shutterstock offers its members numerous benefits that will surely convince you to become a part of its growing community.
Three Perks of Being a Shutterstock Member
Being a member of a prestigious stock photo agency such as Shutterstock, you are entitled to at least three perks.
- Free Images. Like other stock photo websites, Shutterstock also offers its members free royalty-free images. Every week, the website features one free image and one free vector. Once you sign up and create an account, these freebies are yours for the taking.
- Be Informed! When you sign up, you are also subscribed to the website’s monthly newsletter. You will receive free updates about new features and free design tips and tricks. Get ahead of non-members for the latest updates and news about promotions, too.
- Use Lightboxes. Exclusive to Shutterstock members, lightboxes lets you organizes your downloaded images. You can use them to categorize your selections for your different creative projects. You can even send and share them to your friends and colleagues.
Shutterstock Coupon Code
The website itself offers Shutterstock coupon to its members for additional discounts. Currently, the website rewards its users 10% off on their next order of images with standard licenses. Shutterstock is not the only website that offers these coupons. Many other websites provide coupon codes and discounts as well. However, not all of them are affiliated to the stock photo agency.
Use these Shutterstock coupon codes to get discounts from your favorite images. Spend your time downloading the images you need and enjoy valuable reductions. You can get a coupon for Shutterstock from stockphotosecrets.com to be sure that you are getting an active and authentic code. Do not just get your coupons from untrusted websites. Be meticulous in choosing a website that claims to offer promos and discounts.
Be a member now!
What are you waiting for? Sign up to Shutterstock now and enjoy the perks of being a member of the website. Be sure to get your coupon codes to acquire further discounts.
Searching for images in stock photo agencies does not have to be difficult. Many stock photo websites are incorporating user-friendly interfaces and hassle-free navigation to make the search fun and interesting. Here are some tips on having a wonderful image searching experience.
- Search in your own language. Some stock photo sites are available in many countries and in many languages. Choose the ones with the same quality and keyword range.
- Narrow down your searches with specific keywords. Let’s say you typed a certain keyword and thousands of image results come out. Narrow down your search by adding specific phrases. For instance, you can add white background to narrow your results to images with white backgrounds. This will reduce your results by as much as 5,000.
- Find similar images. Even though you found the image that suits your creative needs, you can still look for better images. Select keywords that match the images you are looking for.
- Search by product type. What type of photo are you looking for? Are you looking for royalty-free images, illustrations, graphics, videos or music? Be sure to search according to your desired product type to save time and effort.
- Use keyword hints. When you search, enter keywords related to your search. Look at the image details and use it as inspiration to find what you are looking for. This will help you perform a more effective search.
- Use keyword suggestion. Some websites has keyword suggestion features. You can refine your search to see related keywords and find similar images.
- Take your time. Take some time to learn about your stock image site. As long as you know how to use the stock website you are getting your images from, it will not be difficult for you to find what you are looking for.
- Eliminate terms in your search. There are websites that allow you to exclude terms in your search. You can do so by adding a minus sign or the word NOT. For instance, when looking for cities in Europe you can exclude a specific city. (e.g. European cities NOT London.
- Use advanced search options. Most stock image agencies offer advanced search options. Although it is intuitive to use, it can be really helpful once you know how it works. Once of the advanced search features allows you to choose between horizontal and landscape orientation.
Searching for images in stock photo agencies should never be stressful. As long as you search for cheap stock photos in a good stock image site, you will find the searching experience easy and enjoyable. What stock photo agency are you currently using for your creative project? Are you satisfied with its interface? Use these tips to help you find the images that suit your creative needs.